mupnp has been updated to version 0.1.1.
The point is that i was experimenting problems with firehol firewall wich had UPnP ports enabled but I still wasn’t retriving any answer.
To fix this i had to hack a little on miniupnp library and finished searching when i found the TX_FROM_UPNP_PORT constant wich wasn’t set by default due to compatibility problems with Windows XP. I just made a slight change and converted it in a runtime check instead of a compile time one. This changed the C api of the library for the upnpDiscover function, and added a value to the initialization of the high level interface written to interface with the library which is automatically set to send data from the upnp port.
I have sent the patch to the mainstream developer, but it would require api changes and more modification to make it work correctly on the full fledged library.
With this last fix the rtorrent ruby controller is almost ready, i just have to comment the code and write a post about it
The gem is already available for upgrade on the rubyforge webstite or gem utility.